National Training & Technical Assistance Project
ACRIA’s NTTAP provides needs assessment, training, consultation, and organizational change management to service providers to enhance their individual and organizational capacity and bring about needed service and system change. ACRIA's NTTA services are designed and tailored to meet the specific needs of an organization or region.
ACRIA’s focus on Health Communication is a key component in all our Technical Assistance and Capacity-Building initiatives. Since 1999, ACRIA Training Center staff have strengthened and provided support for HIV and other service organizations in over 25 cities across the country.
ACRIA’s trainers equip providers with information to address the needs of their clients facing such challenges as poverty, homophobia, and racism. We provide technical and capacity-building assistance in three to six cities each year, while continuing to support previous participants through web-based trainings and the development of ongoing learning communities.
NTTA in the South
With nearly half of all Americans with HIV living in the South, ACRIA has prioritized improving services in this region. We have worked with providers in Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, and Louisiana – states with some of the highest rates of HIV in the country.
NTTA Five Phase Process
- Community Engagement: We bring together regional providers (at least two from each organization) for an initial community meeting and needs assessment.
- Targeted Capacity Building Training Development, and Delivery: Based on assessed need, a series of targeted capacity-building trainings are developed and delivered to providers, resulting in the development of action plans.
- Action Plan Implementation: Organizational change teams return to their programs and implement their plans. NTTA supports them with technical assistance as needed.
- Sustainability: NTTA develops regional networks of ongoing support.
- Evaluation: NTTA evaluates the implementation of action plans and the overall capacity building effort.
For information about bringing a Technical Assistance initiative to your region contact us at email@example.com.